In a world full of chaos, anxiety and stress, it is rather easy to be negative and burdened with our life. We may constantly sense like we are carrying the weight of the world in our shoulders.
With our desire to succeed and get ahead in life, we fill our schedules with too many engagements which cause us to rush from one activity to another. It seems like setting a time to rest and rejuvenate are the most forbidden activities. But despite of our own choice in creating a busy and stressful lifestyle, ironically, we constantly complain on how stressful and tiresome our life is. We blame other people on our hardship instead of taking responsibility of our own inability in making the right choices and actions.
To help you better cope with the chaos, anxiety and stress of the modern world we live in, the key is to take a moment to think back and remind yourself of these simple yet very important wisdom, “20 Things to Remind Yourself Daily”.
This daily reminders may not finish your task, but it will change how you approach and respond to life circumstances.
1. Remind yourself that… you are unique and one of a kind.
Always remember that you were created to make your own mark, a unique identity, in this world. Nobody can dictate to you who you should become, you are responsible in discovering and becoming who you want to be.
2. Remind yourself that… your presence is a present to the world.
You may not know or realize it, but one way or another, someone feels so blessed with your existence. So stop saying you’re nobody, that you don’t have value. Remember that no one becomes a failure unless he gives up trying.
3. Remind yourself that… your life can be just what you want it to be.
Most of life is a choice, having the freedom to act and decide on your own. Start deciding and stop complaining. Remember, life is what you make it.
4. Remind yourself to… take the days just one at a time.
Rushing isn’t all beneficial. Take time to smell the flowers. Don’t overdo yourself. Learn to appreciate life today, for tomorrow; you may not have the chance to do so.
5. Remind yourself to… count your blessings not your troubles.
There are two types of a person, a proactive and a reactive. The latter always see the negative, like trouble, and keeps on blaming life circumstance to other people. On the other hand, the former sees the positive of life. They focus their energy and time in resolving troubles so that they can move on to more important things. They don’t blame or complain. Now, it’s take time for you to reflect, what type of person are you?
6. Remind yourself that… within you are so many answers.
One of the huge disadvantages of a hurried lifestyle is the lack of meditation and reflection. We are too busy, too preoccupied. But if you really want to find true happiness in this life, you have to be still, to quiet your mind so that you can hear your heart.
7. Remind yourself to… understand, have courage, be strong.
Accepting the fact that life is imperfect gives you enough space to expect it to be hard. You have to understand and accept that life circumstance is not always within our control. We can make choices in life, but we can’t fully control the results of life. Which is why for those things you can’t control, you have to learn how to accept, understand and move forward. Remember, life is 90% choice and 10% chance.
8. Remind yourself that… you’ll make it through whatever comes along.
In times of affliction, it can be tough to see the lighter side. But do always remember, that all storms have endings. Just keep moving forward.
9. Remind yourself that… there are so many dreams waiting to be realized.
A goal without action is nothing but a dream. It is good when you know what you want and have set your plans. However, if it is only written, it can’t be realized. You have to take action. You have to wake up, stand up and work your way to make it a reality.
10. Remind yourself that… decisions are too important to leave to chance.
Remember, life is 90% choice and 10% chance. Notice that we are in control of our life 90% of the time and yet, many people give all to chances. We let things happen instead of making things happen.
11. Remind yourself to… not put limits on yourself.
One of the differences between achievers and non-achievers is the size of their dreams. Big people achieve big dreams because they think big. The same is true to small people. They achieve smaller dreams because they think small. The key then is to have confidence in oneself and think BIG!
12. Remind yourself that… nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
Worry is a complete waste of energy. Even how much you think about it over and over, it will not solve anything. Worry gives you nothing but bad feelings. Instead of investing your time thinking of the problem, shift your thoughts on how you can solve it and then move on.
13. Remind yourself that… the longer you carry a problem, the heavier it gets.
When faced with bad situation or problem, most of us leave it behind undecided. We may think that the safest solution is leaving it to chances. However, indecision does not solve the problem. It only gives you temporary relief. But sooner or later, you will feel its impact. Most of the time, it’s bigger than the original. Remember, don’t avoid problems, instead, be braved enough to face and solve it so you can move forward fast. Stop being a coward!
14. Remind yourself to… Live a life of serenity, not regrets.
People who find it hard to succeed in life are those who live in the shadow of the past. They cling too much of what they used to have that they seldom adapt and move forward in life. Remember that you can no longer alter what happened in the past but you can change your future. Accept what had happened and learn to move on.
15. Remind yourself to… do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Majority of us do the same thing every day for a couple of years. It’s like a cycle that just goes round and round. The tendency of this kind of life is that you get too relaxed that you may find life as boring. But instead of focusing on the negative feeling of boredom, why not take charge and create a change. Sometimes, change does not only happen by surprise. You have the capacity to create change. And why not do it now? Who knows, it will give you the big break you’ve been dreaming of.
16. Remind yourself to… not take yourself too seriously.
Remember, no one else does. The only person that becomes hampered when you are too serious is you. Keep a mature mind but a young heart. Smile, you look better when you do.
17. Remind yourself that… friendship is a wise investment.
True friendship lasts forever. You may not see them often but when friendship is true, even how time and distance separates you, true friends are the one that stays with you. If you found this type of friends, care and treasure them. For it is one of the best gifts you will ever receive in your life.
18. Remind yourself to… reach for your peak, your goal, your prize.
Remember that as long as you are alive, you have all the chance to achieve your goals and dreams. Don’t get discourage by past failures. Keep striving. Be aware that success comes from multiple failures. And those who win are those who have finished the race.
19. Remind yourself to… take time to wish upon a star.
Have faith with your dreams until you achieve it. Nothing is impossible when you believe.
20. Remind yourself that… it’s never too late.
Often times we resist change because we think that it is too late for us to change. Recall that we all have countless chances in this life. You just have to learn accepting change.
For a final world, in our world full of clutter and negative things, we need a daily reminder of positive affirmation and motivation to overcome all the stress and hardship that life brings.
May this list be such reminder. Make use of this list. Print it, post it and share it.
Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny. – Patrick Overton